Saturday, November 27, 2010

THE IMPORTANCE OF AN EDUCATION

Have you ever noticed how important an education is and how it can effect the way you live your life or how you are able to provide for a family? I waited 4 1/2 years to start my college education because I didn't want to be wasting money if I wasn't sure about what I was wanting to do. I decided to go into Business Management. I might also be looking at a minor in Finance. I really enjoyed the finance class that I took and how much I learned. Why is an education so important to me? I have noticed how my dad has struggled to find a job without at least an associates degree to his name. My mom has sometimes struggled(when she was single) and she decided to go back to school, now I just wish she would finish and at least have a degree in case she ever needed it. My stepfather has PHd and has a job which he really seems to enjoy. I have noticed how my older brother has been able to get a good job that has helped him be able to do things that he would like and that also allowed him to move somewhere(where he also met his future wife). I have friends who are going into things that they really enjoy and that will allow them to be able to provide for a future family. I have family members(some cousins) who have chosen not to persue a college education and how they have to find work that they aren't really happy doing. An education does make a difference. It doesn't matter what you go into, as long as it is something that you like and would be able to do for a while. As I have got into some college classes that are going towards my major, I'm amazed as the different things that I'm learning, while some people don't seem to understand certain topics I can explain the basics of certain things like: Economics and what the unemployment rate means, and what it means for countries that we do trade with. There will always be a reason to have an education even though we may not understand the current reason for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment