Wednesday, November 09, 2011

I love the scripture that says "the last shall be first and the first shall be last." That has come to mean a lot to me recently. My grandma, Faye Smith Nef is the only one now left living out of her family. She does have sister-in-laws still alive, but other than that she is only one of my Great-Grandparents children that is still alive. Both of my Great-Grandparents, T. Leonard and Grace Smith have passed away, my grandma's brother Gene passed away before my Great-Grandfather passed away, and now my grandma's other brother, Larry has also passed away. My Great-Grandparents, both my Great-Grandpa and Grandma Smith, and also my Great-Grandpa and Grandma Nef have raised amazing children who know how important family really is and all the great blessings that being part of a family holds. My Great-Grandparents, each set, made a lot of sacrifices for each of their families. I love all the history that has been shared about each of them. Both of my Geat-Grandmothers passed away before I was ever born, and I'm sad that I didn't get the chance to meet and to know them. I look forward to the next life, when I will get that opportunity to set down with them and to talk to them. I love the fact that my grandma has things that belonged to her mother, and my great-aunt Lois has things that belonged to her mother. There are so many great examples of mothers in this world. why don't we treat them with more respect? Grandmothers, daughters, granddaughters, and even more generations after that are so important in the way life works. I see some many different generations around me, and see that some things really do get passed from one generation to the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment