Thursday, July 14, 2011

The many different layers of family


I have always thought sometimes life can give things to worry about, but that it can also make us appreciate the things that we have and many blessings that we have because of the freedoms and choices we are able to have because of where we live. One of the things that I'm most grateful for is for great grandparents and great parents who have taught me the value of certain things. My grandpa and grandma Nef (LaMar & Faye Nef) celebrated 60 years of marriage, and I'm so grateful for the great example of what a marriage should be and the generations of us that they have blessed. July 2010 we finally got the whole family together, which meant all 10 children, as many cousins as could make it and most of the great grandchildren. It was also a great experience because we also got my grandpa, his sister, Lois Nef Cherry; his brother, Clyde Nef of Fresno, California; and the baby of the siblings, Floyd Nef of Rexburg, Idaho.
It was a great experience to have an Albert & Daphne Nef family reunion, in place, where it seemed that most people in the Nef family knows. We held a family reunion in Burton, Idaho, which is just outside of Rexburg, Idaho and seems to be growing every time I got there. I'm so grateful to be part of the LaMar & Faye Nef family. Those of us that are part of that family are so blessed. My grandparents attend the temple every week, except those weeks that it is closed. The temple is so important. I watch as we all try to do what is right and how we continue to work hard, because it seems that it is the only that might just us through part of this life. My grandparents have always told us the importance of hard work and the great joy that can come from working hard. I looking at my grandpa who is 86 years old(turning 87 years old this year!) and still goes and helps out my uncle on the farm each day of the week. I love looking through the pictures that I have of my great-grandparents, and their children and to think how proud they must be of all the things that their children have done. My great-grandmother Nef passed away from cancer many years ago and  I know that she will forever hold a special place in not only her children's hearts, but also mine because she raised some pretty awesome children. I barely knew my great-grandfather Nef, because he passed away 2 years after I was born. I love to hear of the different stories of my great-grandparents. They went through so much together, and I see where parts of them have been passed on to 5 wonderful children. One of their sons has already joined them on the other side, along with some grandchildren, and also some great-grandchildren. I always love hearing the different stories that each of their wonderful children have to share to pass on, or how seeing their parents do something really made a difference or touched their lives. I couldn't be more blessed to be a part of this family and all the great things that I have as a part of this family. I'm so grateful for the history that I have learned and that I'm a part of.
Thank you to LaMar & Faye Nef for raising 10 wonderful children, and for wanting each of us to learn about your family history and the history that each of us is a part of. Grandma and Grandpa are the best people in the world. Thank you for making me want to have a marriage that lasts 60 years and even beyond that.




Always an adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment